Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Warm pasta salad
- Preparation and cooking time
- cooking pasta 10 mins
- Serves 4
This is an easy healthy recipe for any cook
- 250 g whole wheat pasta
- 500g romanita or other baby tomatoes
- 1 small onion or 2 leeks
- 1 stick rosemary
- 1 tsp dried sage
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper +paprika
- Sugar snap peas
- 4 tbs sweet chili sauce
- 2 tbs balsamic vinegar
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Leftover chicken fat from roast chicken (optional)
- 1 tsp powdered chicken stock (optional)
- olive oil
- STEP 1Cook and drain pasta in a colander put back the pasta in the pot and set aside Cut onion in small quarters ,thinly slice garlic ,cut tomatoes in half and set aside,.
- STEP 2Heat non stick pan with roast chicken fat, olive oil ,onion ,garlic,1 stick of rosemary,cayenne pepper,paprika, balsamic vinegar, 4 tbs sweet chili sauce,dried sage, chicken stock, sea salt and black pepper .
- STEP 3Add onion and garlic and cook until soft and all the flavors are absorbed ,remove the rosemary stick before adding tomatoes. Mash some of the tomatoes with your cooking spoon to release some of the juices Cook for 5-7 mins you can add the sugar snap peas cook for further 1-2 mins .
- STEP 4Lower your heat add the pasta coat it well with the sauce, cook for 1-2 mins. Remove from stove and serve whilst hot.