Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Chicken Cobb Salad Stack
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
As well as tasting delicious, this easy-to-make salad stack will impress your guests!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 4 slices of bacon
- 2 medium avocados
- 2 large tomatoes
- 50g Newman’s Own Ranch Dressing, or another dressing of your choice
- Quarter head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 50g blue cheese, crumbled
- STEP 1Heat oven to 180C (fan 160C).
- STEP 2Bake the chicken breast for 20 minutes, or until no longer pink, or use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature has reached 72C. Allow to cool for 30 minutes and cut into 2cm chunks and dress with ranch dressing.
- STEP 3Bake the bacon on a foil lined tray at the same time as the chicken for 15 to 20 minutes until this is crisp. Cut into pieces that will fit inside the mould.
- STEP 4Blanch the avocados in a pan of boiling water for 10 seconds, then plunge into a bowl of ice water. This will prevent the avocados from browning. Peel and cut into chunks.
- STEP 5Cut two slices from the centre of each tomato and place on a sheet of kitchen paper to absorb any excess moisture. Reserve remainder for other use.
- STEP 6To assemble the stack, use a lightly oiled tall 8cm food ring, an empty can with the top and bottom cut off, or a piece of unused PVC pipe as a mould.
- STEP 7Place a tomato slice over the centre of a large plate to form the base of the stack and position the mould over this.
- STEP 8Spoon a layer of dressed chicken into the mould, gently tamping down to help the stack hold its shape after removing the mould.
- STEP 9Continue adding the other layers, gently tamping down on each, until the mould is filled.
- STEP 10Remove the mould from the salad, lifting it straight up to keep the stack intact and top with shredded lettuce and blue cheese.