Instant Chocolate Mousse
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Can be left to chill in the fridge until needed.
- Serves 4
Nigella Lawson's recipe without eggs.
- 150 gram(s) Mini marshmallows
- 50 gram(s) butter (soft)
- 250 gram(s) dark chocolate (minimum 70% cocoa solids) chopped into small pieces
- 60 ml boiling water (from recently boiled kettle)
- 284 ml double cream
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- STEP 1Put the marshmallows, butter, chocolate and water in a heavy-based saucepan.
- STEP 2Put the saucepan on the hob, over heat, though keep it fairly gentle, to melt the contents, stirring every now and again. Remove from the heat.
- STEP 3Meanwhile, whip the cream with the vanilla extract until thick, and then fold into the cooling chocolate mixture until you have a smooth, cohesive mixture.
- STEP 4Pour or scrape into 4 glasses or ramekins, about 175ml each in capacity, or 6 smaller (125ml) ones, and chill until you want to eat. The sooner the better!