Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Dolly's Spicy Rice
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
A sticky, saucy twist on a Nandos side dish favourite guaranteed to make you want more!
- 1/2 White Onion
- 1 Birds Eye Chilli (or to taste if you like extra spice)
- 2 Stalks of Spring Onion
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 2 tsps Medium Nandos Piri Piri Seasoning
- 1 1/2 Chicken Stock Cubes (Aldi's own works best)
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 180g Rice
- Freshly Milled Salt and Pepper
- 2 1/2 Cups Boiling Water (and a bit extra if needed)
- 1/2 Lemon Juice (if desired)
- STEP 1Mix all chopped ingredients together with seasoning, except the stock cubes and rice, and fry for 2 mins in a large non stick saucepan. Start to boil kettle.
- STEP 2Add rice, uncooked, to the pan and mix well. Add the stock cubes and water then bring to the boil. Reduce heat to simmer and stir occasionally for 20-30 mins.
- STEP 3If would like to be a bit more saucy then add more boiling water or some lemon juice for a bit of freshness. Once rice is fully cooked serve immediately.
- STEP 4TOP TIP!!... . This dish goes great as a side with Piri Piri Chicken and chips. If cooking dish with chicken pour any chicken juices into the rice once cooked to give some extra flavour!