Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 4-6 servings
I've been messing about with this recipe for years and I think I've finally got it sorted!!
- 275g plain flour
- 175g chilled butter
- 275g caster sugar
- 800g - 1Kg rhubarb trimmed and cleaned
- STEP 1To make the crumble topping put 225g of the flour and butter into a food processor and blitz until it looks like a load of coarse breadcrumbs. Tip into a bowl and mix in 100g of the sugar.
- STEP 2Cut the rhubarb into 2-3 cm pieces, put into a bowl and add the rest of the sugar and the rest of the flour. Stir well and leave for 15 minutes or so.
- STEP 3Put the rhubarb mixture in the base of a shallow ovenproof dish, sprinkle over the topping and bake for around 45 minutes at 190c/gas 5. .
- STEP 4Very nice served with a bit of vanilla ice cream.