Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
A refreshing dip that is a perfect accompaniment for a fiery Mexican meal or just a simple dip to enjoy with some toasted pitta bread in front of the TV.
- 1 Ripe Avocado
- Half a Cucumber
- Juice of half a lemon or lime
- Salt to taste
- Olive oil
- 1 finely chopped red chilli (optional)
- STEP 1Peel and remove the stone from the avocado. Place in a bowl and mash with a fork to lumpy consistency.
- STEP 2Peel the cucumber and grate on to a plate, you can leave a few bits of the skin on as this will add colour. The excess water now needs to be squeezed out of the grated cucumber, do this by placing it between sheets of kitchen paper which will absorb the liquid and squeezing! do this a few times until most of the moisture is removed. Put in the bowl with the mashed avocado.
- STEP 3Add the lemon or lime juice and chilli (if using) and perfunctorally mix together. Add olive oil (if needed) to loosen the mixture and season to taste with salt.
- STEP 4Serve as a snack with toasted pitta bread/tortilla chips or as a side to a Mexican meal.