leek &spinach soup
Member recipe by jul34es
- 1 onion,peeled
- 1 stick of celery,trimmed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 25g butter
- 1 clove garlic,peeled and crushed
- 4 medium leeks,trimmed and washed
- 250g potatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 litre(2 pints) vegetable stock
- 75g fresh spinach
- salt and pepper
- creme fraiche to serve
- 2 tbsp chopped chives
- chop the onion and celery.heat the oil and butter in a large saucepan set over a low to medium heat.add the onion,celery and garlic.cover and cook over a low heat for 5 minutes.
- add the leeks to the pan and continue to cook for a further 5 minutes,do not allow to brown.peel the potatoes,cut into chunks and add to the pan with the bay leaf and stock.bring to the boil,then simmer for 30 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- remove the bay leaf and blend the soup until smooth.aqdd the spinach and blend again until smooth.taste and season.
- add a dollop of creme fraiche and some chopped chives.