Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- 30 mins cooling time
- Serves 4
spiced up plain boiled potatoes
- 5-6 medium sized pototoes
- 1 large onion sliced finely
- 1/2 tbsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp mustard seeds
- 2 chillies de-seeded and chopped (optional)
- few corriander leaves chopped
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- salt & pepper to taste
little oil for frying
- little oil for frying
- STEP 1boil potatoes and leave to cool
- STEP 2fry mustard seed in oil till pops
- STEP 3add onions and fry till slightly brown. Put in turmeric and and water
- STEP 4add chillies and salt & pepper
- STEP 5chop potatoes into bite size pieces and add to mix
- STEP 6stir till well coated and cover for 5 mins.
- STEP 7lift lid and add lemon juice and coriander and let steam for another 5 mins.
- STEP 8serve as side dish or with " puri" or chapattis or parathas.