Member recipe by jsnellock
Delicious chicken recipe suitable for al the family. Can be served with a green salad or new potatoes
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1.5 kg chicken pieces
- 2 brown onions, halved & cut into wedges
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 250 ml white wine
- 8 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup of pitted black olives, I left these out.
- 250ml of chicken stock
- Preheat oven to 200 c. 1/2 the peppers and place in a per rated grill for 8-10 minutes until chargrilled and blistered. Transfer to a sealed bag for 10 mins. Then remove skin and cut into thick strips.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan on a medium heat. Add chicken and cooked until browned. Then transfer to large baking dish.
- Add onion to the pan and fry slowly for 5 mins. Add garlic and cook until aromatic. Then add the wine and cook for 2 mins until reduced by half.
- Add the passata , peppers, stock & thyme. Season with salt & pepper.
- Pour over the chicken and bake for 45 mins or until chicken cooked through.
- Stir in olives - if used.
- Serve with salad.