Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Refridgerating: 15 minutes
- Makes 12 biscuits
Somewhere in between shortbread and a biscuit. Great to put in a biscuit tin and have with a cup of tea.
- 125g butter
- 55g caster sugar
- 180g plain flour
- STEP 1Heat the oven to 190C/375F/Gas 5.
- STEP 2Beat the butter and the sugar together until smooth.
- STEP 3Stir in the flour to form a dough. If it does not come together because it is too crumbly add 1-2tsp cold water and kneed the dough (do not overwork it). Roll the dough into a ball, wrap in cling film and put it in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- STEP 4Roll out the dough on a floured surface to 2-3mm. Cut out fingers or circles and put them on a lined baking tray.
- STEP 5Put them into the oven for about 10 minutes or until they start to go golden. Keep an eye on them because they are thin which means they are easily burned so you may have to take them out before or after the 10 minutes.
- STEP 6Enjoy the crumbly biscuits with a hot drink