Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Pork in a Whisky Cream Sauce
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 2
This recipe uses low fat Philadelphia cream cheese which is a great way to add richness to a sauce without the guilt!
- 5ml olive oil
- 2 Pork Loin Steaks
- Knob butter
- 2 Garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 Tsp Dried Thyme
- 3 Large Mushrooms, sliced
- 200ml Chicken Stock
- 50g Light Philadelphia Garlic & Herb
- Seasoning to taste
- 50ml Whisky
- STEP 1In a frying pan heat the olive oil on a high heat and fry the pork steaks on both sides until brown. At this point add the butter and spoon over the steaks until cooked to your taste. Remove steaks to a plate and keep warm.
- STEP 2Drain the excess fat from the pan, lower the temperature to a medium heat and add the garlic,mushrooms and thyme. Fry for 3 or 4 mins then add the whisky. Cook for a couple of mins to cook off the alcohol.
- STEP 3Pour in chicken stock, whisk in the cream cheese and season.
- STEP 4Put the steaks back into the sauce to heat through for a few mins Turn up the heat to reduce the sauce. Serve.