Stuffed and Wrapped Chicken Breast
- Preparation and cooking time
- More effort
- Serves 2
A comforting weekday meal that;s full of nutrients and doesn't skimp on flavour. Great served with butterbean and celeriac mash and spinach.
- 3 tbsp ricotta
- 1 tbsp rosemary
- 1 garlic clove
- juice 1/2 lemon
- 2 skinless chicken breasts
- 4 slices proscuitto
- salt and pepper to season
- 1 tsp olive oil
- STEP 1Preheat oven to 200 degrees celcius/400 degrees fahrenheit/gas 6
- STEP 2In a bowl, mix the ricotta, rosemary, garlic and lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
- STEP 3Place the chicken breasts on a chopping board and open out as flat as possible - you may need a mallet to flatten them.
- STEP 4Divide the mixture evening between the breasts, placing in a lengthways line down the middle of each one. Fold over the shortest sides.
- STEP 5Wrap 2 slices of proscuitto around each breast as tightly as possible to keep the filling enclosed.
- STEP 6Heat a non-stick frying pan, add the olive oil and brown the chicken for 2 mins on each side.
- STEP 7Transfer to a roasting tin and place in an oven for 15-20 mins until just cooked.