Middle Eastern Fatoush
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
A classic Lebanese dish, ideal for outdoor eating. Perfect for a summer picnic or a packed lunch (281kcals).
- 2 tbsp olive oil (optional)
- 3 tsp Bart Baharat spice
- 2 pitta breads
- 1 cucumber portion, halved, deseeded and thickly sliced
- 1 small cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 270g cherry vine tomatoes
- 100g radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 gem lettuce, chopped
- 4 salad onions, thinly sliced
- juice of 1 lime
- 200g Greek yoghurt
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tbsp fresh mint, finely chopped
- STEP 1Stir together the olive oil and the Bart Baharat spice.
- STEP 2Split open the pittas and brush the open sides with the spiced oil. Cook under a medium grill for 1-2 mins on each side until golden and crunchy, then set aside to cool.
- STEP 3In a large bowl, mix together the cucumber, cauliflower, tomatoes, radishes, lettuce, salad onions and lime juice.
- STEP 4In a separate bowl, mix together the yoghurt, garlic, mint and remaining Baharat spice.
- STEP 5Break the pittas into small pieces and stir into the salad mixture.