- Preparation and cooking time
- Allow plenty of time for cooling in refrigerator
- Serves 6
A great dinner party dessert or just a simple weekend treat... It never fails to impress either way!
- 6oz plain chocolate
- 1/2oz butter
- 3 eggs (separated)
- 1tbsp rum/brandy
- 1tbsp coffe essence (or coffee granules in 2tsp water)
- STEP 1Melt the chocolate and butter in a bowl over hot water.
- STEP 2Remove from the heat and beat in the egg yolks, rum and coffee essence. Be careful not to let the mix be too hot otherwise eggs will curdle.
- STEP 3Whisk egg whites until stiff and fold into the mixture.
- STEP 4Pour into cups or glassed and place in a cool place to set (e.g. refrigerator).
- STEP 5Top with cream, or chocolate gratings, or raspberries and mint, or chopped pine nuts, as preferred.