Spiced Chickpea mango salad
- Preparation and cooking time
- 6-8 hours for soaking the chickpeas.
- Serves 6
The spiced chickpeas mango salad serves as a evening time snack .
- 2 cups Chickpeas
- 1/2 cup Grated or desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup Mangoes ( cut length wise )
- 1 tbspoon Vegetable oil
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 10 Curry leaves
- A pinch of asafoetida(hing)
- 2 Dried red chillies
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- STEP 1Rinse the chickpeas and soak it for 6- 8 hours.
- STEP 2Add 3-4 cups of water to the chickpeas and 1/4 tsp of salt and cook it well for 15 mins in medium heat.Drain the water completely from it.
- STEP 3Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet on medium flame.
- STEP 4When the oil is hot add the mustard seeds, allow it to crackle.
- STEP 5Add red chillies, curry leaves, asafoetida and fry for 5 secs.
- STEP 6Now add the cooked chickpeas, remaining salt and stir well for 3 minutes
- STEP 7Turn off the heat, add grated coconut and stir well.
- STEP 8Garnish with mangoes, and serve it in a serving bowl.