Sweet potato and black bean quesadillas
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Use a spiraliser to give an extra flair and texture to this dish.
- 50g salsa verde
- 1 large avocado, itted and sliced into chunks
- Big handful of coriander
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 4 tortillas
- 100g grated cheese
- 60g black beans, drained and rinsed
- STEP 1For the avocado salsa add the salsa verde, avocado, cilantro and lime to a food processor and blend until super creamy. Add to a small bowl.
- STEP 2Spiralise the sweet potato. Heat the oil over a medium high heat in a frying pan, then add the sweet potato, chilli powder, cumin and pinch of salt. Cook, stirring often, until the noodles are tender and coked (8-10mins).
- STEP 3Heat a frying pan over a medium high heat and add a tortilla to warm for a few seconds. Layer cheese, sweet potato mix, beans, cheese and another tortilla. Fry for a 2mins on each side. Cut and serve with the salsa as a dip.