- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
A filling brunch idea
- 3tbsp olivie oil
- 20g butter
- Handful of chestnut mushrooms
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 100g peas
- 4 large eggs
- 2tbsp creme fraiche
- 4 sundried tomatoes, sliced
- 80g broad beans
- Salt and pepper
- Small handful of basil leaves
- STEP 1Boil a small pot of water and blanch the basil leaves for 15secs. Drain and cool in cold running water. Squeeze out the excess water. Place in a blender, season and blend whilst adding oil until you have a smooth puree. Add some water if needed.
- STEP 2Heat a frying pan over a medium-high heat and melt butter. Add mushrooms and sauté until tender. Add shallot and cook for 2mins, season.
- STEP 3Add peas and broad beans and sauté for 1min. Break each egg into the pan. Cook until set (2mins). Drizzle over basil puree and creme fraiche, and sprinkle with tomatoes.
- STEP 4Serve with crusty bread.