Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 8
Veggies don't have to mix out!
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- Half an onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 1/2tsp cumin
- 2tsp chilli powder
- Salt and pepper
- 200g lentils, uncooked, rinsed
- 200g brown rice, uncooked, rinsed
- 750ml vegetable stock
- 16 tortillas
- 200g shredded cheese
- STEP 1For the sauce blend the tomates, onion, garlic, cumin, chilli powder and seasoning together until mostly smooth.
- STEP 2For the filling place the rice, lentils, sauce and stock in a saucepan. Bring to the boil, cover and cook over a medium heat for 30mins, until the rice and lentils are cooked.
- STEP 3To assemble heat a pan over a medium high heat. Add a tortilla and heat for a few seconds. Pile on a layer cheese, filling, cheese and cover with another tortilla. Fry for 2mins on both sides. Remove from the heat and serve hot.