Chocolate and cherry frozen yoghurt
- Preparation and cooking time
- More effort
- Makes 1 litre
- 800g plain Greek yoghurt
- 200ml milk
- 140g sugar
- 1 1/2tsp vanilla extract
- 70g cocoa powder
- 200 pitted cherries, halved
- STEP 1Line a large, mesh strainer with a thick paper towel and place it over a large, deep mixing bowl. Add the yogurt, cover with plastic wrap, and let it strain the refrigerator for at least 6 hours, and ideally overnight.
- STEP 2Add the milk, sugar and vanilla to a small saucepan. Place it over medium-low heat and warm it just long enough to dissolve the sugar. Set aside to cool.
- STEP 3Remove the yogurt form the refrigerator. Carefully "pour" the strained yogurt into a large mixing bowl, and mix in the cocoa powder.
- STEP 4Add the cooled milk mixture to the yogurt and stir until everything is incorporated and it's a very smooth. Fold in the cherries, cover with plastic, and place in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours, and ideally overnight. Transfer to an ice-cream maker, and freeze according to the machine instructions
- STEP 5For soft serve, serve immediately. Otherwise, place the frozen yogurt in an airtight container in the freezer