Caramelised Red Onion with Goat's Cheese on Toast
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 1 1/2 tbsp Olive Oil plus some for drizzling
- 1 Red Onion, roughly sliced
- 1 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 1/2 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 100g Goat Cheese, crumbled (feta or blue cheese is good too)
- 6-8 Thick slices of Fresh Bread (white or brown), toasted
- STEP 1Heat the oil in a pan on a low heat, then add the onions. Continue to cook on a low heat for 5 minutes or so, until the onions are starting to soften. Add the vinegar and sugar and cook (still on a low heat) for another 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- STEP 2Meanwhile, toast your bread in a toaster or under the grill, then drizzle with olive oil.
- STEP 3When the onions are done, spread evenly on the toast then crumble the cheese over each slice and serve with side salad.