Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Sautéed Chicken Breasts with Mustard and Tarragon
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Quick-and-easy recipe that combines the great tastes of chicken, Dijon mustard and tarragon to your Healthiest Way of Eating, calories :173 per serving.
- 1 medium onion cut in half and sliced.
- 5 medium cloves garlic, pressed.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces.
- 3 TBS Dijon mustard.
- 1 TBS + 1/2 cup chicken broth.
- 2 tsp honey.
- 1 TBS chopped fresh tarragon (or 1 tsp dried tarragon).
- 2 TBS chopped fresh parsley (or 2 tsp dried parsley).
- salt and white pepper to taste.
- STEP 1Slice onion and press garlic and let sit for 5-10 minutes to bring out their hidden health benefits.
- STEP 2Heat 1 TBS broth in a 10-12 inch stainless steel skillet. Healthy Sauté onion in broth over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- STEP 3While onions are sautéing, cut chicken into pieces. Add chicken pieces and continue to sauté for another 3 minutes, stirring frequently to seal chicken on all sides. Add garlic and continue to sauté for another minute.
- STEP 4Add mustard, 1/2 cup broth, and honey. Mix thoroughly and simmer uncovered for about 7-8 minutes on medium-high heat stirring occasionally to cook chicken evenly. This will also reduce sauce.
- STEP 5While chicken is cooking, chop herbs and add at end with salt and pepper to taste.