Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Cambozola, Bacon and Cranberry Toastie
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 1
Cambozola is a right strength not to over powering and the cranberry sauce complements the cheese and bacon adds a hint of saltyness.
- 100g Cambozola
- 2 tbsp cranberry sauce (jelly)
- 4 rashers of steaky bacon
- 2 pieces of bread
- 1/2 tb sp of vegetable/sunflower oil
- STEP 1Slice the rind off all sides of the cambozola and discard.
- STEP 2Grill one side of each piece bread until lightly browned. Get a medium sized frying pan and add the oil and wait until oil is hot approx. 30 seconds - 1 minute, add the bacon and cook until crisp then set aside.
- STEP 3Thinly slice the cambozola and place the slice on top of the UN toasted side of the bread.
- STEP 4Place in the grill on a high heat until cheese has melted but still got a figure to it. (be careful it will make a mess on the grill).
- STEP 5Once cheese has melted add cranberry sauce and bacon on top then place the other piece of toast on top toasted side up.