Egg Fried Rice with Broccoli
- Preparation and cooking time
- pre cook and chill rice
- Serves 4
Easy, tasty and adaptable. You can add anything you want, peas, beansprouts, mushroom, spring onion. My favourite is Broccoli. If you are cooking for 1, just adjust the quantities...great for using up leftover rice from the day before.
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 200g/7oz long-grain rice (uncooked weight), cooked and left to go cold
- 100g/4oz broccoli florets
- 1-2 tsp soy sauce
- ground white pepper
- STEP 1Beat together the egg and sesame oil and put to one side.
- STEP 2Heat the vegetable oil in a wok or large frying pan. When it's shimmering and almost smoking, add the rice and stir-fry for about 3-4 minutes until completely heated through.
- STEP 3Add the broccoli, if using. Stir-fry, turning the rice constantly around the pan, for about 3 minutes. Season well with soy sauce and pepper, then push to one side of the pan.
- STEP 4Pour the beaten egg mixture into the other side and leave for about 10 seconds so it begins to set. Using a chopstick, briskly swirl around the egg to break it up and then toss around with the rice.
- STEP 5Stir-fry for a further minute and serve straight away.