Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Baked Bean Savoury
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
A cheap, delicious, vegetarian family meal my mother used to make and continues to be a family favourite. Adapt as you wish.
- 2 tins baked beans
- 2-3 weetabix / coarse breadcrumbs
- 100gr grated cheddar cheese
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic (optional)
- 1tsp mixed herbs/ 1 tbsp chopped fresh herbs, parsley, thyme, marjoram.
- 1 egg
- seasoning butter/ oil for greasing baking dish
- STEP 1Crush the cereal into a mixing bowl and add 2/3 of cheese, herbs, onion, seasoning and garlic (if used). Mix well and add egg to bind.
- STEP 2Grease the dish and put 1 tin of beans in the base. Spread the cereal mix on top, then put rest of beans over. Top with rest of grated cheese.
- STEP 3Bake for about 30 mins in medium oven until golden and bubbling on top. Serve hot with potatoes and green vegetables, or own choice.