Tuna Sashimi Salad
Member recipe by jingweel
A very fresh Tuna salad with thinly sliced fresh ingredients and a creamy-tangy cilantro cream dressing.
- 225 grams very fresh yellowfin tuna
- 1 tablespoon cracked black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 Boston lettuce, hand torn, large pieces
- 2 radishes, very thinly sliced
- 50 grams red onion, very thinly sliced
- 4 Campari tomatoes, thinly sliced, 4mm thick
- 50 grams cilantro (coriander) leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 100 grams mayonnaise
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon Juice
- Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon hot chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon fine sugar
- In a small bowl rub the tuna in sesame oil, soy sauce, salt and pepper cover and marinate for 45-60 minutes at room temperature.
- For the dressing, combine all ingredients cover and refrigerate for one hour. To achieve the correct consistency, add water (about 1 tablespoon) just before serving until the dressing has the consistency of heavy cream. To balance the flavors of acidic, sweet and hot, adjust by adding lemon juice, sugar or hot sauce.
- In a very hot iron skillet, saute the tuna for one minute on each side. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to use. Slice thinly just prior to serving.
- In a large bowl, combine all salad ingredients, cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- To serve, arrange the salad in a shallow bowl or flat plate, place thin slices of the tuna over the salad, top with the cilantro dressing. Garnish with lemon zest.
- Serve chilled