Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Basic Shortcrust Pastry
- Preparation and cooking time
- Plus chilling
- Makes 1 x 25cm tart
A wonderfully versatile recipe that you can use for tarts, pies and all sorts of other pastries!
- 225g fridge-cold plain flour, sifted
- 150g cold unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cold egg, beaten
- STEP 1Place the flour, butter and salt in a food processor. Blitz until the butter has incorporated into the flour and you have the texture of fine breadcrumbs.
- STEP 2Add the egg and pulse until the dough comes together.
- STEP 3Wrap the dough in cling-film and shape into a flat disc.
- STEP 4Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes before using.