- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 6
Mamas super butterscotch sauce - ideal with ice cream or in apple crumble. It will save for a couple of weeks in the fridge.
- 4oz natural light brown sugar
- 2oz butter
- 4 level tablespoons golden syrup
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- Evaporated milk
- STEP 1Place sugar and butter in small saucepan. Measure golden syrup carefully into pan. Place over low heat. Stir until contents are melted.
- STEP 2Bring to boil, reduce heat, and cook 2 minutes. Do no overcook as this will darken and thicken too much the sauce.
- STEP 3Remove from heat.gradually stir in water. Allow to cool slightly. Gradually stir in 4 tablespoons of evaporated milk. (5 - 6 tablespoons if serving the sauce cold).