Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- More effort
- Serves 6
A Drink to Warm you from the inside out Bring the warmth of Christmas Market wine to your own home
- 1 Bottle of Red Wine
- Cinnamon Sticks
- Brandy (Hennessy Recommended)
- Dash of Vanilla Extract
- STEP 1Pour wine into a large pot. Bring to a boil over medium high heat. Wrap orange zest, cinnamon sticks, nutmeg, ginger and cloves in cheesecloth, tie with kitchen string and put into pot. Let boil for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in almonds and raisins and continue to boil for 15 more minutes. Remove from heat.
- STEP 2Place a wire grill over the pot and cover with sugar cubes. Slowly pour on brandy, making sure to completely saturate the sugar. Light sugar with a match and let it flame. When sugar has melted, cover pot with lid to extinguish flame.
- STEP 3Stir and remove spice bag. Serve hot in cups with a few almonds and raisins.
- STEP 4For the non alcoholic version replace the wine and brandy with Berry/Red Grapefruit Juice