Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Sweet potato curry
- Preparation and cooking time
- More effort
- Serves 4
Sweet potato curry with chickpea and kidney beans
- 700g sweet potato, peeled and chopped into cubes
- 2 onions
- 400g chickpeas
- 200g kidney beans
- 400g canned chopped tomato
- 250g rice
- Vegetable stock cube
- Salt, pepper, cumin powder, garlic powder for seasoning
- STEP 1In pan no.1 fry onions in oil with salt and pepper. Can also add cumin powder and garlic powder.
- STEP 2When onions are ready, add tinned tomatoes, chickpeas, and kidney beans
- STEP 3In pan no.2 boil potatoes in water (with veggie stick cube) for 25 mins, then add rice for 10 mins until both are ready.
- STEP 4Finally, drain pan no.2 and add to pan no.1. Season with salt and pepper.