Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Sooka Masala Wings
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Dry, hot chicken wings cooked in a Indian wok or karahi until crispy, then finished with more fiery spices.
- 600g chicken wings
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 tsp hot chilli powder
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp garam masala
- Juice from 1 lemon
- Handful fresh coriander, chopped
- STEP 1Using some kitchen roll wipe the inside of a wok or karahi with a teaspoon of oil.
- STEP 2Place the wings into the pan and begin to cook on a high heat for 15 minutes.
- STEP 3Turn the wings and leave to cook for a further 15 minutes
- STEP 4They may stick to the pan so just leave them and they will come away once cooked. The wings will start to become crisp.
- STEP 5Continue to cook for a further 15-20 minutes or so until they go a golden brown and crisp up.
- STEP 6Check they are cooked through then remove from the karahi and discard the fat.
- STEP 7Place into a large bowl and while they are still hot sprinkle with salt, chopped chilli, chilli powder, chilli flakes, garam masala, fresh coriander, and a good squeeze of lemon. Toss or stir to coat them all in the spices. Serve with a crisp salad and a cooling yoghurt dip.