Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Toad in the Hole for two people.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
Easy, simple, and fool proof. I find most recipes cook sausages far too long - but not mine. And I cheat by pre-cooking veg.
- 4 Good sausages. My preference Porky White's Surrey pork sausages.
- 1/4 pint semi skimmed milk
- 2 eggs
- 2oz plain flour
- Olive oil
- STEP 1Pre cook veg. I do new potatoes, carrots and peas. Place in pyrex bowl, cover with cling film, and bung in the microwave oven to wait!
- STEP 2Pour 1/4 pint of milk into a jug. Add two eggs and whisk. Put 2oz of plain flour in a bowl, add the whisked eggs and milk, and whisk well for a couple of minutes. Pour back into the jug and place on one side.
- STEP 3Heat oven to 200/180 fan. Cover base of 23cm square baking tray with drizzle of olive oil. Put in oven - middle shelf to heat.
- STEP 4When up to temperature slide out tray, put sausages in, and toss them about. Then into oven - but only for a couple of minutes.
- STEP 5Now give the mix in the jug a final whisk. Slide out baking tray, position sausages to keep them separate, then gently pour in the batter mix. Return to oven for 20 to 25 minutes. Keep an eye on them, and when ready give the veg a blast in the microwave, and make some gravy.