Potato, Cabbage and Bacon Bake
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
An easy, adaptable, one pan, vegetable bake, spiced up with bacon and parmesan.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium baking potato finely diced
- 1 medium parsnip finely diced
- 1 onion diced
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 pack smoked bacon chopped
- 1/2 savoy cabbage chopped
- 50g grated parmesan plus extra for topping
- 2 hearty tbsp creme fraiche
- STEP 1Fry bacon, potato, parsnip, garlic and onion in a wide, shallow casserole pan until softish/cooked ie 10/15 mins.
- STEP 2Add chopped cabbage and salt and pepper. (Large pinch of paprika and chopped mushrooms/spinach/defrosted peas can be added here if you have them). Cook for another 5 mins.
- STEP 3Stir in parmesan and creme fraiche.Cover surface with extra grated parmesan if wanted.
- STEP 4Put pan in oven and bake in preheated oven 200c/400f for 30 minutes or so, until top golden.