Chicken Ramem Soup
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
A simple chicken ramen soup.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- vegetable oil, for oiling
- salt and white pepper
- 250g (9oz) ramen noodles
- 1 litre (1 3/4 pints) chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 pak choi, trimmed and roughly chopped (or 2 handfuls of baby spinach leaves)
- 12 pieces menma (canned bamboo shoots), drained
- 4 spring onions, trimmed and finely sliced
- STEP 1Preheat the grill or griddle pan.
- STEP 2Lightly oil and season the chicken breasts and grill for 4 minutes on each side or until throughly cooked through.
- STEP 3Allow to rest for 5 minutes, slice on the diagonal and set aside.
- STEP 4Cook the noodles in a large pan of boiling water for 2-3 minutes until just tender
- STEP 5Drain, refresh under cold running water and divide between two bowls.
- STEP 6Heat the chicken or vegetable stock until boiling.
- STEP 7Put the pak choi on top of the noodles and ladle in the stock.
- STEP 8Top with the sliced chicken, menma and spring onions.