Easy Slow Cooker Chicken Casserole
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Prepared in minutes, ultra cheap to buy and feeds plenty. This is just enough to fill my 2.5l slow cooker at home but can be expanded to fill a bigger cooker or the vegetables changed if you wish. Very flexible and pretty healthy too!
- 1 Leek
- 1 Carrot
- 1 Onion
- 350g Potatoes
- 6 Chicken Thighs
- 1 Pint Chicken Stock
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 4 Tablespoons Vegetable Gravy Granules
- STEP 1Chop the leek, carrot, onion and potatoes into small amounts. If using new potatoes I tend to cut these into 8 pieces.
- STEP 2De-skin and de-bone the chicken thighs and chop these into small pieces as well
- STEP 3At this point you can fridge the ingredients and put the slow cooker on in the morning, with the meal ready for when you get home or you can go ahead and cook now
- STEP 4Add leek, carrot, onion and potatoes to the slow cooker
- STEP 5Add the chicken to the slow cooker with the ingredients then pour over the chicken stock as slowly and as evenly as possible. Then mix in 4 tablespoons of vegetable gravy to thicken it up. We like the sauce nice and thick but reduce the amount of granules if you prefer a runnier casserole.
- STEP 6Switch the slow cooker to low and leave to cook for a minimum of 4 hours, however I tend to cook for 8 as I put this on before I go to work; ready to eat when I get home.