Graveyard gateau (Halloween)
- Preparation and cooking time
- 20 min Decoration
- Serves 12
This extremely scary gateau, is great for Halloween parties, and for very easy children for children to make. Parental Guidance required.
- 600gr of Flour
- 2 Eggs
- 400gr Sugar
- 25gr Butter
- Yellow and Red Food colourings
- 1|2 white chocolate
- White marzipan
- STEP 1Mix the butter and the sugar together, in a large mixing bowl. Add eggs into another bowl, mix them, then add them to the mixture,and combine.
- STEP 2Add the flour, and mix. Meanwhile melt the chocolate with a pan of boiling water and a bowl of chocolate on top. Add to your mixture, and combine.
- STEP 3Preheat the oven to 80 degrees celcius.
- STEP 4In a bowl, mix the yellow and red, food colourings until you obtain a very strong orange, and add to your mix.
- STEP 5After mixing you don't get a very strong orange, repeat step 4 once more.
- STEP 6Put mix into a mold and place in the oven for 20mins
- STEP 7Open the oven after half an hour place a knife in its middle, to check if cooked.
- STEP 8Take out of the oven
- STEP 9Take one packet of marzipan, and mix the remaining of your food colourings together to make an orange colour, mix with the marzipan and make small balls with it, resembling pumpkins.
- STEP 10Take a plastic knife, and trance lines on them, to make them look even more like pumpkins. Put them to one side.
- STEP 11Take the other two packets and put an amount of marzipan on the cake so there is a small amount of marzipan all over the cake giving it a white surface. Decorate with the pumpkins, et voila!!!!