- Preparation and cooking time
- 1 day - marinating
- Serves 2
Colourful spicy chicken and pepper dish (can be substituted for beef steak)
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inch/20 cm)
- 1 - 2 onions
- 3 sweet peppers, green, red, or yellow)
- STEP 1Slice chicken into thin strips.
- STEP 2In bowl, mix together 1 tablespoons olive oil, lime juice, garlic, chili powder, cumin, hot pepper flakes, black pepper & salt.
- STEP 3Cut onions in half lengthwise and slice into strips, cut your peppers into strips.
- STEP 4In large non stick skillet over medium high heat, heat remaining tablespoons of olive oil.
- STEP 5Add onions & peppers stirring for 3-4 minutes, until softened; transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- STEP 6Add chicken to skillet, cook, stirring for 3-4 minutes
- STEP 7To serve, spoon a portion of the chicken mixture down the centre of each tortilla, top with your desired toppings , fold bottom of tortilla up over filling, fold the sides in, overlapping.