- Preparation and cooking time
- leave to stand for 10 minuites
- Makes 5
- 110g plain flour
- 110g butter
- 65g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- How ever many blueberries take you're fancy
- pinch of nutmeg or vanilla essence
- STEP 1Cream the butter and sugar together then slowly add the eggs. Mix for a few minutes then add the flour, baking powder and nutmeg or vanilla essence. Then add the blueberries. Stir to combine. refrigerate for at least an hour, preferably overnight.
- STEP 2Spoon the mixture into muffin cases, filling to just below the brim. Stud each muffin on top with a few blueberries.
- STEP 3Bake in the oven at 200C /400F /gas mark 6 for 20 minutes or until golden brown on top.