Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- More effort
- Makes 24 portions
A nice crunchy thing, idal for lunch boxes.
- 200g plain flour
- 150g breakfast oats
- 110g desiccated coconut
- 175g sugar
- 5 teaspoons [20ml] golden syrup
- 115g Stork Packet
- 1 teaspoon [5ml] bicarbonate of soda
- 3-4 tablespoons [45 - 60ml] boiling water
- 100g chocolate, melted
- STEP 1Combine dry ingredients.
- STEP 2Melt the syrup and Stork together, mix the bicarbonate with the water and add to the Stork mixture.
- STEP 3Mix together with the dry ingredients.
- STEP 4Press the mixture into an oven pan [and bake at 170 C, 150ºC fan, Gas mark 4.]Gently press down the sides if they seem to rise too much.
- STEP 5When light brown, remove from the oven and cut into squares. Switch off the oven. Return crunchies to the oven, for about 10 minutes to dry out.
- STEP 6Allow to cool before removing from tin.
- STEP 7rizzle with melted chocolate to decorate.
- STEP 8You can eat shrate away or you can put them in bags to save for later.