Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Quick Broccoli Casserole
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 8
Wonderful alternative to steamed veg, great for family meals.
- 1 x 1kg bag of frozen broccoli
- 1 x full can of cream of mushroom soup ( campbells is best)
- 1/2 cup of mayonnaise (full or light)
- 1 x egg (well beaten)
- 3/4 cup of mature cheese
- 1 x 100g tub of fried onions (dried)
- 1 1/2 cups of crushed Cheeselet crackers or cheese savory crackers ( enough to cover the the top of casserole)
- 3/4 cup of milk
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- STEP 1Preheat oven to 350F/170C/Gas 5 adjust for fan assisted. Boil Broccoli 5 mins, then drain and set aside.
- STEP 2Combine remaining ingredients, except crumbs, and half the fried onions. Heat until cheese melts. Remove from the heat and add the broccoli. Once the broccoli is combined with the sauce,transfer to a casserole dish.
- STEP 3Finally top the casserole with the remaining fried onions and crumbs. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly.