FRUGAL CELERY SOUP RECIPE
Member recipe by jennigibson
- 1 chopped onion 1 tablespoon of oil (or butter)
- 1 head of roughly chopped celery
- 500mls (1 pint) of vegetable stock (made with a stock cube) black pepper if liked
- Slowly fry a chopped onion in a tablespoon of oil (or butter) until its soft and turns a pale gold colour - keeping the lid on the saucepan.
- Add the roughly chopped celery and fry for 3 or 4 minutes
- Add 500mls (1 pint) of vegetable stock (made with a stock cube) Simmer with the lid on for 10-15 minutes (until celery is soft).
- Allow to cool slightly and then liquidise. You may need to add a little water if it is too thick. Reheat if necessary and serve with a twist of black pepper if liked.