Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Thai chicken and sweet potato curry
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Just letting everyone know this is a recipe I adapted that I found in a magazine about 10 years ago but I still can't find anything as good even in restaurants
- 2 stalks lemongrass
- 50g butter
- 6 shallots thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves crushed
- 4 skinless chicken breasts cut into thick strips
- 1 large sweet potato cut into chunks
- 400ml can coconut milk
- 150ml chicken stock
- 2 tbsp Thai green/red curry paste
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 150g mangetout shredded
- 3cm piece ginger grated
- 2tbsp granulated canderel
- Fresh coriander to serve
- STEP 1Remove the tough outer leaves from the lemongrass and discard. Bash the stalks with a rolling pin to flatten slightly. Then very finely chop.
- STEP 2Melt the butter in a large frying pan or wok. (wok is better) Add the shallots, garlic and chicken and stir-fry over a high heat for 3-4 minutes until the chicken is browned.
- STEP 3Add chopped lemongrass and the remaining ingredients (except the mangetout and coriander) and bring to the boil.
- STEP 4Reduce the heat to simmer for 15 minutes. Sprinkle over the mangetout and simmer for a further 5 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are tender.
- STEP 5Season to taste and serve with h steamed jasmine rice and sprinkle with fresh coriander leaves
- STEP 6Curry paste do vary the best one that I have found is from sea woo