Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 8
Lovely new York style cheesecake best eaten slightly warm but good cold too.
- 175g digestive biscuits
- 25g butter
- 1/2 balls stem ginger
- 2 x 200g cream cheese
- 125g caster sugar
- 60ml creme fraiche
- 1 egg
- 1 large or 2 small lemons
- Handful of sultanas or raisins
- STEP 1Preheat oven to 180C. Line 7 inch 18cm spring release or loose bottom tin with parchment paper.
- STEP 2Mix first three ingredients in a food processor, press into base of tin, bake for 15mins
- STEP 3Place remaining ingredients with grated rind and 4 tbsp juice in food processor , blend until smooth. Add to tin, bake for 35 - 40 mins until set, cool for 30 mins, dust with icing sugar , serve warm.