Jack Daniel's Glaze
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 400ml
A sweet and smoky glaze ideal for grilling meat and fish. This recipe uses measuring cups for quick and easy preparation.
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 teaspoon dark soy sauce
- 1 & 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed or finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Jack Daniel's (or equivalent) whiskey
- 1 tablespoon canned pineapple, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- STEP 1Combine the water, pineapple juice, teriyaki sauce, soy sauce and dark brown sugar in a pan and place over a medium-high heat.
- STEP 2Stir occasionally whilst bringing to the boil then reduce the heat to a simmer.
- STEP 3Add the garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, onion, whiskey, pineapple and cayenne pepper and stir until combined.
- STEP 4Allow to simmer for 35-45 minutes or until the sauce has reduced and is syrupy.
- STEP 5The glaze can then be added to meat/fish for the last 5-10 minutes of cooking or served warm as a dip.
- STEP 6Will keep in the fridge for up to one week or can be frozen for up to one month.