Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Spicy Sweet Potato and Red Pepper Soup
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
A delicious warming and filling soup. Very quick and easy to make and low in fat. Can be frozen.
- 2 medium or 1 large sweet potato
- 1 red pepper
- 1/4 - 1/2 red chilli according to taste
- 500ml / 1 pint vegetable stock
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- STEP 1Peel and roughly chop the sweet potato
- STEP 2De-seed the pepper and chilli and roughly chop
- STEP 3Add ingredients to a pan and add in the stock, season with salt and pepper
- STEP 4Bring to the boil then simmer for 20-30 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- STEP 5Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly, then blend with hand blender or in liquidiser until smooth. Check seasoning and adjust to taste if necessary.