Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Smoked Pork Country Stye Ribs - Kansas City BBQ Style
- Preparation and cooking time
- 2 - 12 hours
- Serves 6
Smoked pork country style ribs are usually cut from the pork butt and since they can get done in about 4 hours, they are a great option when you are trying to get food on the table in a relatively short period of time. You can put these on just after lunch and they'll be ready for dinner. Although, as these a thick cut pork steaks, you can marinate them overnight (in the Yellow Mustard / Rub mixture)
- 3-5 lbs of Country Stye Pork Ribs (Boneless - about 6)
- 1 Cup - Pork / Poultry Rub
- 1 Cup - Kansas City BBQ Sauce
- 1/2 cup - 1 cup of Yellow Mustard (the type you put on hot dogs)
- 1/2 Cup brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup of honey
- 1 cup Apple Juice (in a spray container)
- STEP 1Lay the ribs out in a container and squeeze the mustard all over - front and back. rub in the pork rub until it becomes like a paste, but all over the ribs. Can leave these marinate for a few hours if you want - in the fridge.
- STEP 2About 4 hours before you are serving them, fire up the pellet smoker to around 225 f - Then add the rib directly onto the rack (might want to spray the rack with oil so they don't stick to much) - let smoke for a good 2 hours.
- STEP 3After 2 hours, lay a strip or foil onto a Pan - place the ribs onto the foil and spray with the apple juice. Then drizzle the honey over the ribs, then sprinkle the dark brown sugar. Place back into the smoker for another 1.5 hours.
- STEP 4After the 1.5 hours, take the ribs out and coat in BBQ sauce, from and back. Place back into the smoker for another 30 minutes. Then they are ready when the reach around 185f in the middle