Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Slow Cooker Spanish Chicken with Port and Garlic
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 8
You could also use Sherry for this.
- Slow Cooker Stew Pack (1 Onion, 2 carrots, 1 stick Celery, 3 Garlic Cloves)
- 750 ml Vegetable Stock
- 4 Extra Garlic Cloves (Crushed)
- 8 Boneless / Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 6 Large Bay Leaves
- 2 Large Potatoes (Cubed)
- 100 ML of port or sherry
- STEP 1Place the stew pack and the extra garlic into a frying pan and sue ta for 5 minutes, or if frozen, add veg straight to the slow cooker. - but still saute the extra garlic. Remove veg to the slow cooker if in the pan then add the veg stock.
- STEP 2Add the chicken and cook until nicely browned all over. Add the sherry or port and cook through for another 5 minutes. Add to the slow cooker.
- STEP 3Add the cubed potatoes and bay leaves and cook for 7-8 hours. Serve in a bowl with a crusty roll.