Slow Cooker Easy Lamb Shoulder Curry
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
This will knock your socks off - goes well with a decent Shiraz - can be done in a slow cooker or wok.
- 650g Boneless Lamb Shoulder (cut into 3cm Chunks)
- 2 x White Onions - roughly chopped
- 5 Garlic Cloves (crushed)
- 50 g Fresh root Ginger (Grated)
- 2 tsp cumin / garam masala
- 1 tspground cinnamon / chili powder
- 2 x Green chilis
- 2 x tbsp tomato pure
- 300 g Greek / plain yogurt
- 1 x handful coriander (roughly Chopped)
- 2 x Tblsp toasted flaked almonds
- 1 x Cup Jasmin Rice
- STEP 1Season the lamb with salt and pepper then brown the lamb in a frying pan for 5 - 8 minutes with a little olive oil. Remove the lamb and place in the slow cooker. Add the chopped onions to the frying pan and fry for around 10 minutes. Then stir in the garlic, spices, chillies and tomato puree and fry together for a further 1 minute. Then remove from the frying pan and add to the slow cooker.
- STEP 2Add a further 200 ml of water to the slow cooker and mix well. Cook on a low heat for at least 6 hours.
- STEP 3After atleast 6 hours of cooking, add the yogurt and stir well. Replace the lid and cook for a further 1.5 - 2 hours. When the curry is nearly cooked, boil the Jasmin rice as per the packet instructions. Once cooked - scatter the coriander and almond flakes over the curry and serve with the rice.