Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Slow Cooked Lamb Shanks
- Preparation and cooking time
- Overnight Marinating.
- More effort
- Serves 2
This one takes a bit of prep but the Lamb comes out of the slow cooker extremely tender and proper lush.
- 2 x Good quality Lamb Shanks (around 350 - 400 g each).
- 1 Garlic ( 1/2 cloves crushed, Half left whole)
- 4 x Sprigs of Fresh Rosemary
- 2 x Finely Chopped Red Onions
- 1 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 150 Ml or Lamb Stock
- 20 Ml of Balsamic Vinegar
- STEP 1The night before, make some cut's in the Lamb shanks, drizzle the Lamb shanks with olive oil and coat with the crushed Garlic and 2 of the rosemary sprigs. Try and get the garlic into the groves. Leave in the Fridge overnight.
- STEP 2The following morning. Place the onion, whole garlic cloves and remaining rosemary in the slow cooker. Add the tomatoes, vinegar, wine and stock. Season well with salt and pepper and stir well to mix together.
- STEP 3Then, In a large frying pan, Brown the lamb shanks all over on a high heat, then add them to the slow cooker. Make sure that they are almost covered by the sauce.
- STEP 4Cook in the slow cooker for around 8 hours. Once cooked, remove the Lamb shanks and reduce the remaining sauce to make a sort of gravy. Serve with mash potato's and green beans - proper lush.