Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Sausage and Baked Bean - Slow Cooker Casarole
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 6
This is great for kids on a cold winters night - simple but tasty.
- 1 x 400 g Tin of Baked Beans
- 600 G of Charlotte potatoes, small ones, skin on and halved.
- 1 x 400 g Tin of Chopped Tomatoes
- 8 - 12 Chipolata Sausages
- 1 x Large Onion, Chopped
- 2 x Garlic Cloves
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Worcester Sauce
- Salt and Pepper Seasoning to taste
- 200 g White Button Mushrooms - whole
- STEP 1OK so brown the sausages in a frying pan - not fully cooked just browned. Then add to the slow cooker.
- STEP 2Add the chopped onion to the slow cooker and gently soften, after 2 minutes, add the Garlic and season with salt and pepper. Then add to the slow cooker.
- STEP 3Add the Potatoes, chopped tomatoes to the slow cooker and cook for about 6 hours on low.
- STEP 4After 6 hours, add the tin of baked beans, the mushroom and the Worcester sauce - the give it a good old stir. Cook for another 1.5 - 2 hours.