Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Robsta's Slow Cooker Chicken Curry (Half n Half)
- Preparation and cooking time
- More effort
- Serves 2
This is a typical south Wales take on a classic Brindian (British Indian) dish.
- 500G Chicken Breast (Chopped into Chunks)
- 1 Large Onions (Diced)
- 1 Tbsp plain flour
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 - 1 (to taste) Tbsp of each of Garam Masala, Paprika, Curry Powder, Tumeric
- 2 Chili (1 x red and 1 x green - Chopped)
- 2 Garlic Clothes (Crushed)
- 400 g Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 x Sprig of fresh Coriander
- 1/2 Cup (Drinking Cup) of Basmalti Rice
- 2 Large Mars Piper Potatoes
- Chili Flakes
- Salt and Pepper Seasoning
- 250 grams of plain or greek yogurt
- 250 grams of mushrooms (chopped into large chunks)
- STEP 1OK, so spread the chicken out in the slow cooker, cover with flour and the 2 tsp of salt and mix well.
- STEP 2Add the spices, onions, chili, garlic and chopped tomatoes to the slow cooker and cook on low for 7 hours minimum
- STEP 3After 7 Hour, add the yogurt and the chopped mushrooms to the slow cooker, mix well and cook for another hour and a half.
- STEP 4within the final 30 minutes of cooking the curry, peel the potatoes and cut into good sized chips and par boil for 5 minutes. The spread out onto a baking tray, season with salt and papper and chili flakes and cook for 25 minutes (or until crispy) Whilst they are cooking - add the half cup of rice to a saucepan and cover with 1.5 cups of boiling water and simmer until the rice has absorbed all of the water and cooked. Cover with a towel until the chips are cooked.
- STEP 5When the chips are cooked, add the fresh coriander to the curry and stir through - then divide the rice and chips up onto plates and cover with the curry. Proper lush.